Product Designer UX/UI
Looks like this career opportunity is no longer available. We know this isn't what you were hoping for, but we have many other great remote jobs for you to check out.
Start a new search to view all remote jobs at teams that are currently hiring.
We’re looking for an experienced Product Designer to help us create impressive digital experiences for our users.
Must be willing to work in EU time zones (CET +/- 2 hours).
About the company
ScalingFunds is a Fintech startup building a blockchain-powered asset management platform. We help fund managers set up, raise, and manage professional investment funds. We automate investor onboarding, simplify fundraising, increase transparency for investors, and empower them to transfer or trade shares on their own terms.
Our vision is to democratize investing. Our technology will level the playing field of investing and empower anyone in the world to access financial instruments that are currently reserved for the financial elite. If you’d like to learn more, check out our Vision & Mission & Values.
For example, our platform:
- Helped a large European fund manager launch a €200 million real estate fund while lowering the minimum investment amount more than 90%
- Powered the tokenization of a €35 million property in the United Kingdom
- Received regulatory approval from BaFin (Germany’s Financial Regulatory Authority) to launch a €2+ million real estate offering for retail investors.
- And we’re just getting started: 2022 will be a big year for us! Maybe together with you?
What you’ll do
You will drive the product design and discovery process in close collaboration with product managers, other designers, software engineers, and our business team to ensure we deliver impactful and impressive products to our users. You will co-own our design system and provide a consistent high-level experience for all users across all platforms.
1. Product Design
You design a holistic customer experience across all touchpoints.
- You create and iterate on wireframes, mockups, click-through prototypes.
- You produce the final hi-res designs for implementation with great attention to detail considering all possible permutations (e.g. hover, error states, transitions)
- You organize and manage design artifacts.
2. Product Discovery
You co-own the product discovery process together with our product managers and other product designers.
- You lead qualitative & quantitative user research to develop a deep understanding of our customers.
- You apply a ‘jobs-to-be-done’ mindset to uncover user needs and determine the right problems to solve.
- You create discovery artifacts such as user personas, journey maps, or empathy maps.
3. Product Delivery
You support, collaborate, and provide feedback to engineers during implementation and ensure the developed product adheres to the original design vision.
4. Product Strategy
You help drive our product strategy together with the product, business, and executive teams.
5. Continuous Improvement
Together with the team, you continuously iterate, improve, and refine the ways we collaborate and deliver products to our customers.
If required, you help the business development and executive team produce high-quality marketing materials to help drive customer acquisition.
What you bring
If you don’t tick all the boxes perfectly, but are a quick learner: Don’t be shy, we’d still love to hear from you!
- Product Design: You have at least 4-6 years of hands-on experience across all relevant design disciplines and have a great eye for details (Information Architecture / UX / UI / Interaction Design / Visual Design).
- Product Delivery: You have shipped products across multiple platforms, preferably in a B2B environment.
- User Research: You know how to organize, conduct, and evaluate user interviews and usability tests to identify core customer needs.
- Problem-solving: You can break down complex problem domains into smaller components, get to the core of the issue, and develop innovative solutions.
- Data-driven: You know what and how to measure to learn if your design works not just in theory but also in practice.
- Craftsmanship: You’re fluent in modern design tools such as Figma, InVision, and others.
- Communication: You can understand, engage, and explain your ideas to any audience. Relationship-building is second nature to you.
- Tech-savvy: You easily comprehend key technical concepts and understand how our products work under the hood.
- Business-oriented: You understand the company’s mission and thrive in translating it into a great customer experience, driven by real user needs and business goals.
- Hustle: You thrive in an evolving, fast-paced, ambiguous, remote-first work environment.
- Team player: You say “we” before “I” and are passionate about empowering your team.
- Growth mindset: You are never too satisfied with the status quo and always strive to improve yourself, your team, and the company at large.
- English: You are fluent in English (German is a plus).
What we offer
- Modern Stack - Work with the latest and greatest design technologies
- Impact - Small, tight-knit, and fast-moving team where what you do matters. A lot.
- Diversity - Inclusive, multi-ethnic team from 15+ nationalities
- Remote - No commuting, work from any EU-compatible timezone (CET+2 — CET-2)
- Family-friendly - Flexible company policies, because we’re all humans
- Stock Options - We believe all employees should benefit from company success.
- Growth Budget - Generous budget for books, courses, coaching, you name it
- Office Budget - Annual allowance for co-working spaces or improving your home office
- Fitness Budget - Monthly allowance for your physical & mental health
️ Diversity ️
We are an equal opportunity employer and strongly value diversity of thought at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital, or disability status.
While nationality isn’t the only diversity vector, we are proud to have more than 20 different nationalities among our current and former team members at Brickblock!