Junior Software Engineer
Looks like this career opportunity is no longer available. We know this isn't what you were hoping for, but we have many other great remote jobs for you to check out.
Start a new search to view all remote jobs at teams that are currently hiring.
Semaphore is a leader in hosted continuous integration and deployment, with over 50,000 developers relying on Semaphore to test and deploy their code. Our mission is to help teams ship their software faster and with more confidence by providing a robust and scalable platform for software delivery.
Our platform provides continuous delivery services for all mainstream programming languages as well as native support for building and shipping Docker containers. We aim to deliver the easiest to use and fastest CI/CD service. We work in small highly effective teams, so every team member is vital to the success of the company.
We’re looking for collaborative, detail-oriented people who are ready for a challenge. In this role, you will have the opportunity to take significant ownership of technical projects that will drive the success of the overall business. A strong candidate will bring solid product and technical acumen, combined with the ability to move fast (and fix things).
We are passionate about providing a remote, flexible and supportive work culture. Collaboration is in our DNA.
Who we are looking for?
We’re looking for talented, hard-working Computing Science graduates to join us and help with developing new features on Semaphore. We offer full training and support, so every graduate is encouraged to apply.
While a large part of the Jr Software Engineering role is development work, this role is designed as a graduate position where you will be exposed to the overall project life cycle, including requirements capture, design, implementation, and testing.
Examples of problems you will be solving
- Implementing new Semaphore features
- Improving the internal and external APIs of Semaphore
- Automating the release process, monitoring, and solving scalability issues
- Contributing to and collaborating on Open Source software
- Optimizing performance and scalability of Semaphore
- You have a degree in BSc Computing Science or equivalent experience.
- You are willing to master how to ship services into production and maintain their quality.
- You are proficient in one or more high-level languages, but more importantly, you have an excellent general understanding of programming concepts.
- You care about building maintainable, efficient, clean code.
- You speak and write well in English. We’re a distributed team so we’re extra mindful about communication.
- You are willing to master how to develop database-backed web applications.
- You are willing to master Elixir and/or Golang, our primary languages for writing Semaphore.
- You are willing to master TDD/BDD practices for implementing new features.
- You are willing to master Linux and the command line.
- The impact of working on a product that’s competing on a global market.
- Join a small team of around 20 full-time people who love what they do.
- A healthy 40-hour work week, friendly and supportive work environment.
- Competitive salary.
- Company retreats.
- Space to learn continuously and choose the tools and equipment for your job
- Paid trips to conferences and books of your choice.
- Interact with developers that use Semaphore and talk about the latest and prominent way to develop and ship software.
- Paid membership at a fitness club of your choice
Semaphore is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with our mission of serving a diverse and global audience, we value a diverse workforce and inclusive culture which reflects that. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.
People also viewed
Front End Engineer (React)
Junior IT Engineer
Site Reliability Engineer - Europe
Back End Engineer (Python)
Integration Reliability Engineer, Technical Operations EMEA
Software Engineering Intern (Summer 2024)
Software Engineer Intern - Customer Identity Cloud, Summer 2024
SaaS Operations Engineer
Software Engineer Intern, Summer 2024