Talent Acquisition Specialist
Leading provider of software solutions for high throughput and complex laboratories
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Looks like this career opportunity is no longer available. We know this isn't what you were hoping for, but we have many other great remote jobs for you to check out.
Start a new search to view all remote jobs at teams that are currently hiring.
Who We Are
Semaphore is the leading global provider of software solutions for high throughput and high complexity molecular diagnostic laboratories. Our clients are pushing the limits of genetic sequencing and other molecular diagnostic technologies to fight cancer, increase diagnostic accuracy, and improve health outcomes for the general population. We are extremely proud of our contribution to the Covid-19 pandemic response, which enabled our clients to increase critical high-volume testing capacity in their geographical areas.
Semaphore’s culture is based on putting people first. We provide our staff with genuine support for their well-being and encourage their best work through autonomy, flexibility and continuous learning. We strive to create an environment where individuals feel a connection to our mission, each other and the community.
Where We Are Going
In addition to our expanding business providing expert software services, Semaphore has embarked on an exciting new phase. Our team is building Labbit, the intelligent Laboratory System of the future. The platform provides key infrastructure to clinical genomic laboratories that will further enable them to realize the full potential of genomic science. This innovative product will help to advance diagnostics and therapies, resulting in improved health outcomes across the globe. In late 2022, we implemented Labbit into it’s first genomics laboratory, with more to come. We are looking to grow our team with people who are fascinated by the intersection of software and healthcare and want to be part of a purpose-driven team that is disrupting how science informs human health.
About the Opportunity
As a Talent Acquisition Specialist joining our People Operations team, your primary area of responsibility will be to build a specialized and diverse talent pipeline that aligns with our company goals for growth. Acting as a partner to key stakeholders, you will participate in planning meetings and support hiring managers to identify, source and fulfill recruitment needs. You will own the execution of the full recruitment cycle, leveraging our ATS and your knowledge of best practices to ensure an outstanding candidate experience. Reporting to the Head of People Operations, you will also collaborate with our team to define Semaphore Solutions’ recruitment strategy, driving initiatives to further our employer brand and network.
To thrive in this role, you are a professional or leader in talent sourcing and recruitment with experience preparing and analysing data that help to inform business decisions. You bring a passion for establishing genuine connections with people and finding that perfect hire for your stakeholders. You are tenacious and reliable, which is demonstrated through your excellent time management skills and creative approach to tackling problems. You enjoy autonomy, but you appreciate collaboration when iterating on ideas and improving processes.
While not a start-up, Semaphore will be entering a high-growth phase, so this role will, at times, require you to manage expectations and adapt to multiple priorities. Another unique challenge of this role will be learning about the complex domains we operate in and understanding the niche expertise our hiring managers are looking for. As a member of our small but supportive People Operations team, we often wear many hats, so this is an exciting opportunity for someone who is looking to challenge and advance their talent acquisition skills in the health technology sector while also gaining exposure to other HR disciplines.
This is a permanent, full-time position with the option to work between 30 - 40 hours/per week. We would love to have you working with us at our hybrid office in Victoria, BC; however, remote candidates currently eligible to work in Canada or the United States are welcome to apply, subject to time zone alignment with our team(s).
What to Expect
Within the first two weeks:
- You’ll receive an overview of the People Operations team’s processes, and the policies and programs we support.
- You’ll train alongside the People Operations Lead and get up to speed on our recruiting processes.
- You’ll be trained to use Lever, our ATS, and how it supports our recruitment cycle.
- You’ll learn Semaphore’s day-to-day operations and where your role fits within it.
- You’ll meet our Leadership team and learn how each department contributes to the objectives and operations of the business.
Within the first month:
- You’ll become comfortable with some of our collaboration tools (ie. Google Suite, Slack, Confluence).
- You’ll be introduced to hiring managers and other key stakeholders, such as the Program Manager and Director of Business Development.
- You’ll meet with the Head of People Operations to understand our recruitment goals and begin to discuss strategy.
- You’ll start managing some of our recruitment processes, such as sourcing, resume intake and scheduling.
- You’ll experience a company stand-up and enjoy lunch with the team.
- You’ll participate in your first weekly Staffing meeting with the CEO, COO and Program Manager to learn and plan for potential staffing needs.
Within three months:
- You’ll have met most of the Semaphore team and feel comfortable answering recruitment-related questions.
- You’ll represent Semaphore in recruiting initiatives and confidently speak to potential candidates about Semaphore’s services and platform, values, and culture.
- You’ll participate in Employer Branding efforts and recruitment campaigns.
- You’ll start to identify ways to improve and innovate on Semaphore’s recruiting processes.
- You’ll research recruitment initiatives in the community and manage Semaphore’s participation in these events.
- You’ll feel confident in Semaphore’s day-to-day operations and our business model(s).
Within six months:
- You’ll own hiring processes from initial kick off conversations with hiring managers to developing all the way to participating in offer discussions.
- You’ll proactively plan for future staffing considerations and actively contribute in the weekly staffing meetings.
- You’ll confidently advise hiring managers or key stakeholders on information related to recruitment such as hiring metrics and recruitment research.
- You’ll have maintained and improved internal operational processes and documented successes and challenges with the * support of the team.
- You’ll collaborate with our Office Admin and other team members to support team and company events.
- Develop a critical eye for candidates by fully understanding the unique needs of business lines and conducting comprehensive interviews that test for qualifications, skills and experience
- You bring a minimum of 3 years of experience in a talent acquisition and/or recruitment position.
- You have demonstrated experience building and successfully driving talent-sourcing initiatives.
- You have practical experience with full-cycle recruiting using various interview techniques and evaluation methods.
- You are people-centric and committed to maintaining an inclusive, positive workplace.
- You possess highly-developed interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- You bring a self-motivated drive with a proven ability to adapt quickly to evolving priorities and find creative solutions to challenges.
- You value attention to detail and data, which you use to support your decision-making.
- You are an excellent communicator (written and verbal) with an ability to influence.
Nice to Haves
- Experience recruiting in the software or health sciences industry is an asset.
- Experience recruiting in a high-growth environment is an asset.
- Experience working with Google Suite and an Applicant Tracking System (Lever) is preferred.
More About Us
We offer competitive salaries, vacation, health and dental benefits, flexible hours and options to work from our hybrid or fully remotely. Our downtown office has secure, street-level bike storage and lots of sunny patio space for office events, lunch or meetings.
If you are interested in learning more about what we do, our impact on global health and to meet our team check out our Careers Page!
Semaphore is committed to prioritizing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and recognizes that this commitment requires intentional learning and growth. Through our recruitment process and internal practices, our goal is to recognize and incorporate diverse perspectives into our workplace and create an environment where everyone can find a sense of belonging. We do this by actively seeking feedback from all team members, challenging the status quo, and making concrete changes as a result.
About Semaphore Solutions
People also viewed
Marketing Technology and Operations Manager
Senior Technical Program Manager
Sr Social Media Manager
Growth Marketing Manager, B2B Paid Acquisition
Senior Manager, B2C Campaign
Email Operations Lead
Senior Product Designer