Looks like this career opportunity is no longer available. We know this isn't what you were hoping for, but we have many other great remote jobs for you to check out.
Start a new search to view all remote jobs at teams that are currently hiring.
We’re looking for a capital-D Designer who is capable of elevating thoughtful, intuitive interactions into gorgeous user experiences. We need your help researching, designing and implementing products for our clients big and small.
You’ll combine your knowledge of user and business needs with a deep understanding of UX and UI best practices to design solutions that are thoughtful, novel and beautiful.
You’ll bring your talents to application design—solving complex UX problems and designing interactions elevated by style, animation and an intense attention to detail.
You’ll also help our clients look amazing with website designs that promote their businesses and provide clarity and great experiences for their customers.
And, for real, one day you’ll work on a crazy design project that you’ll never be able to explain to your parents. We dabble in experience design, customer experience and all the other “experiences.” We’re not afraid of words like projection mapping, Arduino, and semi-trailer. We hope you can hang.
Design is a craft that’s difficult and constantly evolving. We will push you, and we expect you to push us. We need someone who can:
- Develop user journeys and wireframes that meet users' needs while helping our clients meet their goals.
- Turn those wireframes and user journeys into beautiful, dynamic and considered prototypes based on existing design systems;
- Or, be called upon to develop a design system with our team;
- Occasionally flick their wrist and make a handful of pretty designs in an afternoon;
- Understand how motion design plays a part in educating users on what an interface can do for them.
- We get excited when we have work to share, and we hope you do, too. As a Designer, you’ll present your work to internal teams and clients, selling your concepts with enthusiasm and confidence in your work.
It’s going to be your job to see and understand the guardrails, then politely ignore limitations. You should be intimately familiar with existing interaction design patterns, able to apply them when appropriate and break them when it’s time to push boundaries.
We offer full health insurance, retirement and a total of six weeks off per year. We’re currently hiring in Memphis, Chattanooga or Portland, Ore. These are three great towns, so it’s a pretty sweet deal. If you’d rather work remotely, that’s great too.
The Application Process
If this sounds like you, we’d love to meet you. Here’s how our application process works.
- You email us.
- We will respond with a templated “got it!” email.
- In the coming weeks, if we decide you could be a fit for this role, we’ll contact you about an initial interview. If you don’t hear from us, that means we decided you’re not right for this position today, but we’ve got your name in the pool for similar roles down the road.
- You’ll meet with one or two decision makers on our team for about 30 minutes.
- If that goes well, we’ll set up a second interview, this time with some department heads and maybe a couple of potential teammates, too.
- There might be a third call, or we may go straight to talking about contracts, start dates and all that.
- You give a respectful notice to your current employer.
- We order your computer.
- You report to your first day of work!
We plan to fill this position by June 1, 2021. We’re scheduling interviews with candidates we’re excited about, starting today.
We look forward to meeting you.