At Slab, we believe that knowledge is the foundation of any organization’s success. When a team’s collective knowledge is accessible, that team’s potential is limitless. That’s why we’re making the workplace a source of learning and purpose through knowledge-sharing. Our product helps teams easily create, organize, and discover knowledge across the entire company, from non-technical to tech-savvy. Thousands of customers rely on Slab across their entire workforces, including Asana, Benchling, and Fivetran.
As a small product-focused company, you’ll join a team of experienced engineers, working on shipping features that delight users, fixing issues that get in their way while keeping our codebase, infrastructure, and tooling modern and well-maintained. We are globally distributed, with processes that minimize meetings and overhead, letting makers build on the maker’s schedule.
Technologies we use
- React + TypeScript + Sass
- GraphQL + Apollo + Absinthe
- Elixir + Phoenix
- Postgres + Redis
- Docker + Kubernetes
- Google Cloud Platform
Sound like you?
- You have a strong technical background, with experience solving complex engineering challenges
- You love delighting users with great product experiences and resolving issues that get in their way
- You’re curious to learn and demonstrate the ability to do so very quickly
- You communicate with clearly and concisely, whether with teammates or users
- You are self-motivated and possess a strong work ethic
- You are passionate about knowledge-sharing and identify with Slab’s mission and values
What we value:
- Stay lean - We strive for the greatest possible impact with the fewest number of employees. We empower our teammates with the most leveraged tools and efficient processes.
- Default to open - We encourage and nurture open exchanges of knowledge and ideas – while acting with respect and regard for each other.
- Think rigorously - We act and execute after careful thought and examination of known information, while acknowledging the risks we accept in its absence.
- Say no - We aim to deliver exceptionally high value in a small set of focus areas. We willingly abstain from good ideas to give only the most promising paths the attention they deserve.
- The best prevails - Whether an idea or an individual, the best will rise to the top at Slab. Ideas we pursue can come from anywhere, and individuals gain responsibilities due to outperformance.
- Global optimization - We believe that our mission – to make the workplace a source of learning and purpose – is the ultimate priority, above any single project, team, or individual.
- Full health insurance (USA) or stipend (International)
- Wellness & remote work stipends
- $5k workspace setup, renewed biannually
- 7-year options exercise window
Slab is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
Please let Slab know you found this position on NoDesk as a way to support us so we can keep providing you with quality remote jobs.
People also viewed
Senior Software Engineer
Software Engineer, iOS
Senior Software Engineer
Backend and Infrastructure Engineer, Aselo
Open Source Support Engineer
Support Engineer, WordPress VIP (EMEA)
Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Web3 React Developer