Technical Account Manager (Safer)
Looks like this career opportunity is no longer available. We know this isn't what you were hoping for, but we have many other great remote jobs for you to check out.
Start a new search to view all remote jobs at teams that are currently hiring.
Thorn is a non-profit focused on building technology to defend children from sexual abuse. Working at Thorn allows you to apply your skills, expertise, and passions to directly impact the lives of vulnerable and abused children. Our staff solves dynamic, quickly evolving problems with our network of partners from tech companies, NGOs, and law enforcement agencies. If you can bring clarity to complexity and lightness to heavy problems, you could be an excellent fit for our team.
Last year, we took the stage at TED and shared our audacious goal of eliminating child sexual abuse material from the internet.
About the Role:
The Account Manager is the primary business contact for Safer customers. You will be responsible for nurturing the customer experience of Thorn’s proprietary software that helps protect tech platforms from being exploited for the storage and distribution of child sexual abuse material. You will act as a client advocate and work with others within the Thorn organization to ensure that customer needs are understood and satisfied. Responsibilities include stewarding customers through onboarding, nurturing renewals, and troubleshooting when needed. You will play a critical part of the team working to build a recurring revenue stream that ensures long term sustainability of Thorn’s work to eliminate child sexual abuse online.
What You’ll Do:
- Build relationships with clients based on trust and respect, seeking to understand their needs while reinforcing Safer’s product value
- Be the client advocate, owning all aspects of post Sales customer experience: shepherding onboarding, billing inquiries, communicating new product features/upgrades, troubleshooting and ensuring renewal
- Nurture renewal cycles by collecting and analyzing data that reinforces the value that Safer brings to customers every day
- Promote Thorn’s mission to protect children with passion and Safer’s solution to safeguard technology platforms with enthusiasm
- Monitor monthly customer usage and how it conforms to contract commitments
- Maintain updated knowledge of the customer and industry products and services
- Find and address ways to improve internal processes and customer experience
- Speak confidently to all stakeholders of a customer’s team about how Safer’s software can be tailored to meet various customer use cases, content moderation procedures, and technical infrastructure
- Keep meticulous track of client interaction activity and renewal opportunities
- Work with cross-functional team members to share customer feedback, trends and facilitate client need fulfillment
Skills We’re Seeking:
- A commitment to putting the children we serve at the center of everything you do
- Excel at building professional relationships based on trust and respect
- Comfortable explaining how tech can solve a unique business need
- Thoughtful student of industry and customer business
- Thrives in spontaneous problem solving that occurs when selling at a start-up
- Experience working as an Account Manager, junior salesperson, BDR or SDR or within a SaaS-based start-up
- Ability to travel up to 20% for client meetings/events (post Covid-19 lock down)
Technologies We Use:
- GSuite: Gmail, Google Doc, Slides and Sheets
NOTE: At Thorn, we build together as a team with a drive to impact this mission, and therefore this position will be compensated through base salary only (no commission).
Thorn is a strong and flexible team because of the diverse backgrounds of our staff. This includes professional background, subject matter expertise, culture, race/ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, and expression, language, hobbies, etc. We strongly encourage women, minorities, and people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. Your skills are needed here.
People also viewed
Manager, Account Management
Senior Account Manager (Education)
Strategic Account Manager
Technical Account Manager
Sales Compensation Coordinator
Sales Development Representative