Manager, Business Development (Safer)
Looks like this career opportunity is no longer available. We know this isn't what you were hoping for, but we have many other great remote jobs for you to check out.
Start a new search to view all remote jobs at teams that are currently hiring.
Thorn is a non-profit focused on building technology to defend children from sexual abuse. Working at Thorn allows you to apply your skills, expertise, and passions to directly impact the lives of vulnerable and abused children. Our staff solves dynamic, quickly evolving problems with our network of partners from tech companies, NGOs, and law enforcement agencies. If you can bring clarity to complexity and lightness to heavy problems, you could be an excellent fit for our team.
Last year, we took the stage at TED and shared our audacious goal of eliminating child sexual abuse material from the internet.
About the Role:
The Business Development Manager will serve as a revenue-generating emissary of Thorn’s mission. You will drive the adoption of Safer, Thorn’s new proprietary software for tech platforms, by forging relationships with companies vulnerable to exploitation for the storage and distribution of child sexual abuse imagery. You will play a critical part of the team working to build a recurring revenue stream that ensures long term sustainability of Thorn’s work to eliminate child sexual abuse online.
What You’ll Do:
- Act as CEO of your business, owning all aspects of the new business sales process: prospecting, selling, negotiating to close, shepherding to post-sale account management
- Promote Thorn’s mission to protect children with passion and Safer’s solution to safeguard technology platforms with enthusiasm
- Speak confidently to all stakeholders of a customer’s team about how Safer’s software can be tailored to meet various customer use cases, content moderation procedures, and technical infrastructure
- Challenge customers when needed to think differently about how they are managing CSAM detection and protection
- Balance revenue needs with mission objective in every sales encounter
- Keep meticulous track of sales activity and opportunity creation in Salesforce
- Work with cross-functional team members to share learnings from the field and problem solve
- Demonstrate ingenuity in all aspects of work - from creative prospecting to thoughtful contracting
Skills We’re Seeking:
- A commitment to putting the children we serve at the center of everything you do
- High achiever hardwired to exceed sales quotas
- Comfortable explaining how tech can solve a unique business need
- Skilled at remote selling via email, phone and video conference
- Thoughtful student of industry and customer business
- Thrives in spontaneous problem solving that occurs when selling at a startup
- Experience working as a salesperson, BDR, SDR or Account Manager within a SaaS-based startup
- Ability to travel up to 35% for client meetings/events (post Covid-19 lock down)
Technologies We Use:
- G-Suite: Gmail, Google Doc, Slides and Sheets
NOTE: At Thorn, we build together as a team with a drive to impact this mission, and therefore this position will be compensated through base salary only (no commission).
Thorn is a strong and flexible team because of the diverse backgrounds of our staff. This includes professional background, subject matter expertise, culture, race/ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, and expression, language, hobbies, etc. We strongly encourage women, minorities, and people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. Your skills are needed here.
People also viewed
Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager
Business Development Representative (Entry-Level Sales - 2021 Graduates)
Senior CRM Specialist
Business Development Associate
Partnership Success Manager
Account Executive - Mid-Market
Strategic Account Executive