Thorn is a non-profit focused on building technology to defend children from sexual abuse. Working at Thorn allows you to apply your skills, expertise, and passions to directly impact the lives of vulnerable children. Our staff solves dynamic, quickly evolving problems with our network of partners from tech companies, NGOs, and law enforcement agencies. If you can bring clarity to complexity and lightness to heavy issues, you could be an excellent fit for our team.
Last year, our CEO took the stage at TED and shared our audacious goal of eliminating child sexual abuse material from the internet.
Thorn’s Marketing Department serves as the public face of Thorn. We represent the organization and highlight our mission to key public audiences - including donors, customers, prospects, caregivers, issue advocates, industry supporters, media, and the broader community. Using our expertise, we identify, cultivate, and move Thorn’s audiences to take actions that advance Thorn’s mission.
About the Role:
In order to best serve the creative brand and messaging needs of internal stakeholders, Marketing is standing up the Thorn Creative Lab (TCL), which will be the creative services hub within the organization.
The Lab will comprise a mix of automated and full-service support for projects including market research, campaign development, digital services, messaging & media outreach, and asset creation.
The Marketing Manager is responsible for developing and managing TCL’s processes and has a unique opportunity to build an optimal infrastructure from the ground up. They will be a key partner to all internal stakeholders in executing creative needs vital to support Thorn’s business goals.
A successful candidate will have superb time management skills and be an excellent listener to be able to fully understand the business needs of our internal partners.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and refine TCL processes to serve internal stakeholders with maximum efficiency.
- Build out TCL infrastructure and tools as needed in collaboration with the Digital Marketing Manager, the Marketing team, and the broader External Affairs team.
- Intake, prioritize, and process all requests via TCL automated channels, and steward internal partners through strategic marketing, creative, and production processes.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to fully understand needs, timing, format, review requirements, and any other considerations.
- Engage functional expertise, including marketing strategy and execution, digital marketing, content creation, messaging development, design, and media relations across the broader Marketing and Communications team and, as needed, external agency resources to successfully deliver against goals.
- Manage project flow, budgets, and timelines to ensure the successful delivery of all creative needs.
- Regularly analyze and optimize TCL processes for maximum time and cost efficiency.
- Measure through quantitative and qualitative means TCL’s performance in serving cross-functional partners.
- Manage and distribute evergreen assets as needed (one-pagers, logos, photo library, templates, etc.)
- Be a responsive, nimble, and trusted resource for cross-functional partners across the organization.
What We’re Looking For:
- You have a commitment to putting the children we serve at the center of everything you do.
- 5+ years experience working cross-functionally in a product/service-driven organization in marketing, production, project management, or related field.
- Experience successfully executing marketing campaigns at the product and brand levels.
- Experience managing agencies and creatively resourcing needs to achieve business goals on a budget.
- Experience with workflow optimization and project management tools, such as Asana and HubSpot or similar.
- Calm, resourceful, critical thinker who thrives at problem-solving on a nimble, fast-paced team.
- Ability to balance numerous workstreams in a responsive, highly-organized and scrupulously detail-oriented manner.
- A can-do attitude and commitment to delivering creative solutions for internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent people skills and the ability to drive consensus among diverse groups.
- Ability to communicate complex subjects in a simple, accessible, compelling manner.
- Impeccable written and oral communication skills.
- Transparency and integrity in all actions, demonstration of good judgment and keen instincts, strong team player.
- Tech sector experience a plus.
Technologies We Use:
- Sprout Social
- Google Analytics
- Google Workspace
At Thorn, we understand the value of developing a team with different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences. We prioritize diversity within our team and encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. Your skills are needed here.
Please let Thorn know you found this position on NoDesk as a way to support us so we can keep providing you with quality remote jobs.
People also viewed
Product Marketing Manager
Product Marketing Manager
Customer Marketing Manager
Common Voice Community Manager
Senior Product Marketing Manager
Customer Lifecycle Marketing Manager
Product Marketing Manager
Product Marketing Manager MBA Intern
Social Media Manager