Thorn is a non-profit focused on building technology to defend children from sexual abuse. Working at Thorn allows you to apply your skills, expertise, and passions to directly impact the lives of vulnerable children. Our staff solves dynamic, quickly evolving problems with our network of partners from tech companies, NGOs, and law enforcement agencies. If you can bring clarity to complexity and lightness to heavy issues, you could be an excellent fit for our team.
Thorn’s Marketing team serves as the public face of Thorn. We represent the organization and highlight our mission to key public audiences - including donors, customers, prospects, caregivers, issue advocates, industry supporters, media, and the broader community. Using our expertise, we identify, cultivate, and move Thorn’s audiences to take actions that advance Thorn’s mission.
About the Role:
In order to best serve the creative and messaging needs of internal stakeholders, Marketing is standing up the Thorn Creative Lab (TCL), which will be the creative services hub within the organization.
The Lab will comprise a mix of automated and full-service support for projects, including market research, campaign development, digital services, messaging & media outreach and asset creation.
The Visual Designer will drive the Thorn mission through well-crafted visual narratives across all channels and audience touchpoints and high-quality web and email experiences. Projects will draw on a designer’s big-picture creative skills as well as on detailed design and build execution, including social media graphics, donor presentations, executive presentations, designing & building emails, designing & building landing pages. Approximately 80% of this role’s workload will be design projects and 20% web & email build projects.
What You’ll Do:
- Design for various TCL projects, including brand initiatives, marketing campaigns, product launches, web design, email design, social media campaigns, research reports, infographics, donor presentations and other assets as needed Recent projects this role could have impacted are:
- Multi-channel product launch campaign
- Google slide presentation for a TED-x conference
- 2020 Impact Report and associated campaign
- Utilize templates to build simple responsive web pages in Wordpress, Hubspot and/or Ghost
- Utilize templates to build responsive emails in Hubspot
- Design email and website templates and collaborate with a contract front-end developer to develop templates
- Be a responsive, nimble and trusted resource for cross-functional partners across the organization
- Engage functional expertise, including visual communications, web design, UX design and brand identity across the marketing team and, as needed, external agency resources to successfully deliver against goals
- Serve as the visual steward of the Thorn brand and sub-brands to ensure consistency in all outward-facing communications. Maintain brand standards while keeping brand style guides and templates up to date
- Manage individual workload and timelines to ensure on-time and successful delivery of all work
- Be a key collaborator and team player within the marketing and communications team (including a Communications Director, Sr. Marketing Manager, Marketing Manager and Content & Community Manager) as well as cross-functionally.
What We’re Looking For:
- You have a commitment to putting the children we serve at the center of everything you do
- 5+ years experience working as a brand visual designer, web designer and/or UX designer at a product or service-driven organization
- Experience designing for web, social, email and print
- Experience authoring and/or building websites, landing pages and emails in Hubspot, Ghost, Wordpress or other CMS platforms
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Ability to deliver high-quality work on-time, while balancing competing priorities
- Expertise in Sketch and Adobe Creative Cloud
- A can-do attitude, willingness to learn and commitment to delivering creative solutions for internal and external stakeholders
- Transparency and integrity in all actions, demonstration of good judgment and keen instincts, strong team player
- Illustration skills and tech sector experience are a plus
Technologies We Use:
- Sprout Social
- Google Analytics
- Google Workspace
- Adobe Creative Cloud
At Thorn, we understand the value of developing a team with different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences. We prioritize diversity within our team and encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. Your skills are needed here.
Please let Thorn know you found this position on NoDesk as a way to support us so we can keep providing you with quality remote jobs.