Looks like this career opportunity is no longer available. We know this isn't what you were hoping for, but we have many other great remote jobs for you to check out.
Start a new search to view all remote jobs at teams that are currently hiring.
The Tidepool Platform is the foundation of everything we do. As DevOps/SRE Engineer, you will have a hand in maintaining our platform which is used by both our homegrown applications and an ecosystem of third-party applications.
In addition to your responsibilities as a DevOps engineer, you will be a full member of the backend development team, where you will create new backend services for new applications and replace existing non-12 factor compliant services with resilient 12-factor services.
- Helping deploy and maintain a secure, robust, scalable platform and infrastructure that enables Tidepool, third-party software developers, researchers, and others to bring their visions for diabetes data to life.
- Being a part of our on-call rotation for operational alerts.
The ideal candidate has:
- Direct, hands-on experience with managing Kubernetes services.
- Direct, hands-on experience with using AWS services.
- A passion for delivering great solutions that leverage modern technology stacks and tools, as well as current best practices for performance and security.
- Experience with deployments using AWS, MongoDB, Kubernetes, Docker, Rollbar, Sumo Logic, etc.
- Experience with one or more tools in each category:
- IaaS Platforms: AWS, OpenStack, DigitalOcean, etc.
- Service Mesh: Linkerd, Istio
- API Gateways: Gloo, Ambassador, Contour, Envoy, Nginx, etc.
- Distributed Tracing: Jaeger, Honeycomb, OpenTelemetry, OpenCensus, OpenTracing, Zipkin, Lightstep
- Visualization and Monitoring: Grafana, PagerDuty
- Logging: FluentD, FluentBit, Sumo Logic, Rollbar, Splunk, etc.
- Continuous/Progressive Deployment: Flux/GitOps, Argo, Flagger
- Continuous Integration: JenkinsX, TravisCI, CircleCI, Jenkins, GitHub Actions, etc.
- Scripting: Jsonnet, Bash, Python, etc.
- Networking: DNS, Routing, Firewalls, Load balancers, etc.
- Databases: MongoDB or other NoSQL database, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Time Series Database
- Languages: Golang, Nodejs, Python
- Experience with distributed systems
- Keeps up-to-date with changes in the DevOps landscape, and can discern which technologies are good to adopt, and which are still too bleeding edge (but which we should keep an eye on)
- An eye for detail and a willingness to take extra care in crafting precise operations documentation and alert systems.
Most of the Tidepool team has a personal connection to diabetes. If you don’t, that’s cool, but you should have demonstrated empathy for other chronic conditions, and be prepared to learn about and have empathy for the diabetes experience.
This is a remote position – you’ll be working from home and interacting with a team that works around the world, currently in 13 states and 7 countries. Learn more about working at Tidepool, including our approach to inclusion and diversity here.
How to Apply
Does this sound like you? We’d love to hear from you. Please send us your resumé.
People also viewed
Senior DevOps Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
Software Engineer - Site Reliability
DevOps - CI/CD Engineer
Entrepreneurial Startup Engineer (Tech Lead/Senior Fellowships)
QA Middle Automation Engineer
Software Engineer - Python
API and Backend Developer