Backend Engineer (Remote)
Looks like this career opportunity is no longer available. We know this isn't what you were hoping for, but we have many other great remote jobs for you to check out.
Start a new search to view all remote jobs at teams that are currently hiring.
The Tidepool Platform is the foundation of everything we do. As Backend Engineer, you will have a hand in maintaining our platform which is used by both our homegrown applications and an ecosystem of third-party applications.
In addition to your responsibilities as a Backend Engineer (which you will share with the Ops team), you will be a full member of the DevOps team, where you will participate in the on-call rotation for all backend services.
Because of the nature of the role, we ask that applicants be geographically located within the United States.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Helping design, develop, deploy and maintain a secure, robust, scalable platform and infrastructure that enables Tidepool, third-party software developers, researchers, and others to bring their visions for diabetes data to life.
- Building new (Golang) backend services and maintaining existing (NodeJs and Golang) backend services.
- Being a part of our on-call rotation for operational alerts.
The ideal candidate:
- A passion for delivering great solutions that leverage modern technology stacks and tools, as well as current best practices for performance and security.
- Direct, hands-on experience in developing production services in Golang.
- Direct, hands-on experience in deploying services to Kubernetes.
- Direct, hands-on experience in scaling systems over time to meet increasing demand.
- Experience with one or more tools in each category:
- Languages: Go, NodeJS, Python
- IaaS Platforms: AWS, OpenStack, DigitalOcean, etc.
- Databases: MongoDB or other NoSQL database, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Time Series Database
- Keeps up-to-date with changes in the Kubernetes landscape, and can discern which technologies are good to adopt, and which are still too bleeding edge (but which we should keep an eye on).
- An eye for detail and a willingness to take extra care in crafting precise operations documentation and alert systems.
Salary range: $108,000 to $156,000. To learn more about Tidepool’s compensation philosophy please see Tidepool’s Employee Handbook.
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid Parental Leave
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Health and Childcare FSA
- Flexible work schedule
- Wellness and Productivity stipend
- Continuing Education Reimbursement
- Other benefits
While many of Tidepool’s team members have a personal connection to diabetes, this is not a requirement. We do ask that you have empathy for chronic conditions and you are prepared to learn about the diabetes experience.
This is a remote position. You’ll be working from home and interacting with a team of colleagues that works around the world. Learn more about working at Tidepool, including our approach to inclusion and diversity in this blog post.
Are you wondering if you might be a fit for the role? Do you have questions? Please reach out to [email protected], subject header: Backend Engineer, and we’ll be happy to touch base with you to discuss.
Tidepool is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company supports diversity and inclusion in its core values and does not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by U.S. federal or state law or local ordinance. When necessary, the company will reasonably accommodate employees and applicants with disabilities if the person is otherwise qualified to safely perform all of the essential functions of the position.
About Tidepool Project
People also viewed
Backend Engineer (Go)
Staff Engineer - Information Security
Senior Software Engineer - Security
Software Engineer - Summer Associate
Software Engineer - New Grad (2023)
Principal Site Reliability Engineer
Senior Android Engineer
Senior iOS Engineer
Cloud Systems Engineer