Tax Expert - CPA or EA
Intuit is a global technology platform that helps consumers and small businesses overcome their most important financial challenges. Serving more than 100 million customers worldwide with TurboTax, Credit Karma, QuickBooks, and Mailchimp, we believe that everyone should have the opportunity to prosper. We never stop working to find new, innovative ways to make that possible.
If you are a highly motivated individual with an active, unrestricted credential (CPA/EA/Practicing Attorney) and excellent communication skills, we need you to help our customers complete their taxes using Intuit TurboTax products. You will be working toward advancing our goal of “Powering Prosperity Around the World” by providing expert guidance, tax preparation, and explanations of tax and technical terms to our customers. You will also play an important role in our effort to enhance our brand by delighting our customers and empowering them to prepare their taxes.
- Must possess active unrestricted credential: EA (Enrolled Agent), CPA (Certified Public Accountant), or Practicing Attorney with strong tax preparation experience and extensive knowledge of tax laws.
- 2 or more years of recent experience preparing federal and state individual 1040 tax returns for at least 30 clients/customers per season for compensation, using commercial tax preparation software.
- Must possess or be able to obtain any related State licenses, certificates, permits, or bonds.
- Must possess an active Preparer Tax Identification Number (PTIN).
- Working knowledge of Circular 230.
- Proficient with technology; solid knowledge of computer operations and software.
- Strong customer service skills – ability to interact with customers through video and audio tools in a professional, friendly, and confident manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Critical thinking, problem solving, research skills, and determination.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Must have (or be willing to obtain) a dedicated hardwired internet connection that meets Intuit Security criteria.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) communication skills (written & spoken) a plus
- Must reside in the United States.
- This is a virtual, customer-facing role; you will be using our state of the art video communications software (Smartlook) to interact with customers.
- Help TurboTax customers who are working on their tax returns or have delegated their tax returns with:
- Tax advice
- Full Service return preparation and signature
- Product/software inquires
- Tax calculations
- Create high quality customer interactions and experiences that instill confidence using deep customer empathy, and your deep (extensive) knowledge and expertise in the field of tax preparation.
- Utilize and leverage government websites, professional resources, and team expertise to seek out and deliver the right answer to the customer using everyday language.
- Apply defined practices, procedures, and company policies to troubleshoot and resolve customer tax advice and preparation inquiries.
- Document customer interactions
- Work continuously toward meeting company KPI metrics and Big Bet Goals.
- Participate in pilot testing, projects, and experience validations, as needed.
Please let TurboTax know you found this position on NoDesk as a way to support us so we can keep providing you with quality remote jobs.
People also viewed
Credentialed Tax Expert - Bilingual Spanish
Revenue Accounting Manager
Senior Revenue Operations Analyst
Senior Director, GTM Finance
Sales Operations & Compensation, Revenue Operations
Senior Corporate Finance Manager
Investor Relations Analyst