Looks like this career opportunity is no longer available. We know this isn't what you were hoping for, but we have many other great remote jobs for you to check out.
Start a new search to view all remote jobs at teams that are currently hiring.
VIBBIO is hiring a senior software engineer for its product team. We are a fairly diverse, fully distributed team currently spread between Oslo, Bergen, Brussels, and the Tuscan coast. We don’t need you to move to Oslo, but you should live in the EU or the UK and already have a work permit.
We meet in person several times per year, and you should expect some required travel to Oslo.
We’re looking for someone who enjoys collaborating with team members from all disciplines:
- has experience with building and maintaining Node/React applications
- has some hands-on experience with cloud infrastructure
- has solid communications skills and is comfortable working in a distributed team
- is fluent in English, both written and spoken
A few of the technologies we use are Sass, React/Redux, Node.js, MongoDB and MySQL. You don’t need to be comfortable with all of them already but you should be interested in learning what you need. Experience with React will be a major advantage for your success in this role.
Our code is running on Google Cloud and AWS, and we use cloud services like MongoDB Atlas, and Coconut.io.
What it’s like to work at VIBBIO
- we are all working remotely within European time-zones
- we’re a small, ambitious company full of great people, where you will have a big impact and lots of autonomy
- we use modern tools and processes, and we adjust as we go and learn what works for us
- we value transparency and believe in mentoring each other
- we maintain a good work-life balance, with 37.5 working hours per week and 5 weeks of vacation per year
You can take a look at our current team on our website.
What you will be doing at VIBBIO
- own your work end-to-end and across the entire stack
- design and build functional, good looking UI components for our product
- work closely with other team members to implement new features and improve existing ones
- take part in product research and user testing
We do not expect you to have seen it all. We are eager to help you along, and to make sure you succeed at VIBBIO.
This is how we think your first months on the job will look like.
During the first two weeks, you will:
- learn about our vision, our product, and our customers
- meet all of your team mates, and learn about the way we work
- ship your first change to production
After six weeks, you will:
- be able to design, develop, and ship new features by yourself across our entire stack (we always collaborate and help each other out!)
- have taken co-ownership of our product roadmap, and have started making visible improvements
- be ready to help out with customer support on Intercom
After three months, you will:
- own your work through the entire cycle from planning to shipping to production and into maintenance and improvement
- mentor your co-workers
- be ready to dive into new areas of work that are outside your comfort zone
People also viewed
Senior Android Developer
Senior iOS (Swift) Developer
Senior Frontend Developer
Application Developer (Front-End) - Superdesk
Cloud Systems Engineer
Senior Rails Developer
Ten Percent Happier