Looks like this career opportunity is no longer available. We know this isn't what you were hoping for, but we have many other great remote jobs for you to check out.
Start a new search to view all remote jobs at teams that are currently hiring.
We value our informal, collaborative, and ego-free environment that promotes collaboration and idea-sharing. As a Backend Engineer you’ll be building and maintaining software for use by Volders customers and staff, as well providing support for engineering and data requests and other tasks from all business departments.
Volders: Feel good about contracts
Anyone thinking of contracts should think of Volders: we organize all of our customers' contracts perfectly. From termination to contract change, we ensure contracts “just fit” and are never overpriced. Our customers can sit back and relax – they always have a good feeling about their contracts. We have helped over 2 million customers in the last four years and are only just getting started.
- Together with our backend team, you’ll develop new functionality and features in Ruby on Rails.
- You’ll investigate issues on behalf of business stakeholders to improve our service.
- You’ll provide custom reports based on our business data.
- You’ll maintain the existing codebase in Rails.
- As an integrated part of the development team, you’ll learn and receive mentoring from your senior colleagues.
What you should bring:
- You are a developer with a minimum of 2 years of experience developing in Ruby on Rails, working on Databases and web-apps.
- A bonus would be knowledge in JS, Elixir, Native mobile development.
- You have good written and spoken communication skills and working proficiency in English.
- You know that documentation makes you a great team member and saves your future self much time.
- You bring the ability to self-manage and collaborate asynchronously with remote colleagues.
- Collaboration culture and interest in giving and receiving constructive feedback.
- You have a great devotion to quality and an eye for detail.
- Be a respected and trusted part of an international team with experienced and passionate software developers and a strong company culture.
- Ownership and freedom in developing a service that will make over 2 million customers happy!
- Educational budget for professional and personal growth and access to our digital learning library.
- Flexible hours, minimal meetings, and transparent communication.
- Spend up to 1 month in Germany per year paid by us.
- Paid vacation days.
We know that this world is not black and white, so even if you don’t check all the boxes, we would still love to hear from you.
People also viewed
Senior Full Stack Developer Ruby / React
(Senior) Backend Engineer - Microservice Intelligence
Principal Front-end Engineer
Back End Engineer (Python)
(Senior) Fullstack Engineer
Product Security Engineer
QA Engineer (Manual)
Senior Frontend Engineer
Cloud Systems Engineer
Front End Engineer (React)