Senior Rails Full Stack Developer
Looks like this career opportunity is no longer available. We know this isn't what you were hoping for, but we have many other great remote jobs for you to check out.
Start a new search to view all remote jobs at teams that are currently hiring.
About Working Not Working:
Hi, thanks for reading our job post. We know there’s a lot out there right now and you could be reading any of them, so we’re flattered you chose this one.
Here’s a little about us…Working Not Working is a curated community of the best talent in the Universe. Our mission is to eliminate the obstacles between creative people and opportunity. WNW helps the most innovative brands in the world hire freelance and full-time creatives. And that’s not hyperbole. Companies like Apple, Google, Wieden+Kennedy, Netflix, TikTok, Airbnb, COLLINS, and The New York Times trust us.
After almost 10 years of being very small and scrappy we’re ecstatic to be able to grow our team to be very medium and scrappy. We have big ambitions to dramatically improve our platform and do more to support our community in their careers. Our goal is to become the most creative place on the internet where the full, diverse spectrum of creativity can thrive.
Ok, this is where you come in.
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Rails Full Stack Developer to help us create the future of the Working Not Working platform.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Own what you build as you architect, test, and refine the WNW platform
- Tackle a wide variety of technical problems throughout the stack and contribute daily to all parts of our code base, using our development workflow
- Work with our product and design teams to understand customer pain points, come up with solutions, and then prototype, iterate, and launch daily
- Be surrounded by individuals who are doing the best work of their lives and loving every moment of it
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Develop high performance code for web-based applications using Ruby on Rails and Hotwire
- Curate a great codebase through architecture discussions, automated testing and code review
- Take point on designing feature architecture by closely collaborating with Product and fellow developers
- Independent research and selection of best tools / methods of implementation to solve problems
- Mentor less experienced engineers. Leverage your knowledge and experience to help level up your team
- Collaborate with Product and Design teams on the best way to solve problems
- Opportunity to work in mobile development
- Opportunity to contribute to product strategy / vision and user experience if interested
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 3-5+ years of experience as Fullstack Rails Developer
- Extensive experience with Rails, MySQL, and Stimulus JS
- Experience with Elastic Search
- Appreciation for a test-driven, code review cultureMust read and write English at a first language level
- This is a fully remote position.
Applicants can be located anywhere within the US. All applicants must be eligible to work within the United States.