Looks like this career opportunity is no longer available. We know this isn't what you were hoping for, but we have many other great remote jobs for you to check out.
Start a new search to view all remote jobs at teams that are currently hiring.
As part of the development team at Wunderdogs you’ll be responsible for bringing our designers ideas to life. You’ll be involved in the build of a range of exciting websites and applications, working closely with our creative team to craft user-friendly experiences.
We’re looking for a forward thinking developer ready to use their skills to help our rapidly growing agency stay ahead of the curve. An interest in latest development trends vital as you’ll will also be responsible for identifying and implementing new technologies.
- A problem solver who enjoys working on a variety of creative projects with a proven track record of delivering outstanding results for clients.
- A rapid learner and able to understand complex technologies and new products at speed.
With your coding skills and web development knowledge you will help us with the front-end and back-end development of content-oriented websites and applications. You will work with existing plugins, and build custom solutions for mostly WordPress-driven websites.
- Designing and implementing new features and functionality
- Establishing and guiding website architecture
- Ensuring high-performance and availability, and managing all technical aspects of the CMS
- Helping formulate an effective, responsive design and turning it into a working theme and plugin
- Meeting with the team to discuss website design and function
- Designing and managing the website back-end including database and server integration
- Troubleshooting website issues
- Integrating third-party plugins and solutions
- Improving front-end, back-end code for a seamless cross-device experience
You are adept at developing websites and applications and have gained experience through personal projects and previous positions.
We are looking for candidates with the following:
- 4+ years experience working in web development
- Experience in building websites using WordPress
- Experience with WooCommerce and related plugin environments
- Knowledge of WordPress page builders Divi or Elementor
- Knowledge of code versioning tools including Git, Mercurial, and SVN.
- Experience working with debugging tools such as Chrome Inspector and Firebug.
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
- Strong understanding of PHP
- You are familiar with SEO optimization
- Site speed and performance optimization: Optimizing the performance of code and websites for loading speed improvements and continuously crushing PageSpeed Insights scores.
- Bridging the gap between graphic design and technical implementation
- Good understanding of website architecture and aesthetics.
- Server maintenance and administration: Ensuring websites and servers are kept up-to-date and are regularly backed up.
- Experience with caching plugins and speed optimization in a WordPress context
- Experience designing and developing mobile sites
- Based in Eastern Standard Time location (GMT-5)
- Fluent English
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Self-motivation and able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Sharp attention to detail within a fast-paced work environment
- An interest in experimenting with new web technologies and methods
Nice to have, but not essential:
- Experience working remotely for significant periods of time
- Experience with Shopify and Webflow
- Experience in building custom plugins, applications for WordPress
- Diverse team (team members are based in San Francisco, Seattle, Sao-Paolo, Moscow, London, Edinburgh)
- Interesting projects from all over the globe
- Project-based bonuses
- Fully remote (traveling is encouraged when allowed)
- Highly cooperative team that encourages professional growth and self-development
- Salary is commensurate with experience and market rate at candidate’s location
To be considered, send your cover letter, CV, references and any supporting materials to [email protected].
People also viewed
Front-end Developer (HTML, CSS, JS)
Senior Full Stack Developer
Kodify Media Group
WordPress Frontend Engineer (Freelance)
Front End Engineer
Senior React Developer
WordPress Web Developer
Backend JS Engineer
Senior Dev Fellowship