Senior Technical Product Owner
XWP has collaborated on some of the most ambitious and successful WordPress projects and partnered with the likes of Google, News Corp, and Penske Media Corporation (PMC) to bring richer technologies and delightful user experiences to the open web.
Our team of 90+ experts (from 25+ countries and 6 continents) enjoys challenging work, service-focused and collaborative teammates, and many opportunities to grow and learn. We have a passion and enthusiasm for what we do and a sincere care for each other and our clients.
Join us as a highly technical member of our Product Owner team and support XWP’s mission of building a better web at enterprise scale by maximizing the value of the product the engineering team is building through effective management of the product vision and roadmap through the backlog. This role will require a deep understanding of complex software architecture and requirements.
Who You Are
- Your natural bias is towards servant leadership, empowering others to solve problems well
- Order and efficiency are your superpower.
- Overcommunication is your default setting
- You have an appetite for learning and self-development
- You value autonomy and have the self-management skills to operate dependably in a fully-remote role
- You Understand web products, their design and technical considerations.
- You are fueled by a balanced blend of humility and confidence
What You’ve Done
- This isn’t your first time managing large scale, web-based products with the support of a cross-functional distributed team.
- You’ve managed and prioritized backlogs based on client deliverable schedules
- You’ve used Agile methodologies, including the SCRUM framework to facilitate the development of on-time solution
- You’ve worked directly with executive stakeholders to solve problems using technology
- You’ve probably earned CSPO credentials
- You’ve used Atlassian’s Jira at an advanced level to share well defined user stories and acceptance criteria.
- You have demonstrable software architecture and/or engineering skills at the enterprise level.
- Working on high-scale WordPress installs and platforms like WordPress.com and VIP
- An understanding of the WordPress community and recent developments in WordPress
- An understanding of how performance and Core Web Vitals play into the success of websites
What You’ll Do Here
Represent XWP to Client Stakeholders
- Understand the business, market, and user needs for our client’s products
- Create definition and alignment of product strategy when needed
- Demonstrate understanding of the SOW and all deliverables
Facilitate Effective Product Delivery
- Clearly translate the product vision, all business and technical requirements, and user needs into epics and user stories (with acceptance criteria and intended solution design)
- Lead backlog development, maintenance, and prioritization
- Advocate for priorities in Sprints
- Answer questions pertaining to priorities and product definition, as they arise
- Ensure tickets are groomed and ready ahead of Sprint Planning
- Facilitate Backlog Grooming meetings, and as needed, Sprint Planning and Sprint Review meetings
- Be the voice of the product vision, customer, and users
- Follow Agile methodologies established by the team
- When possible, develop and support the implementation of larger strategic goals that enhance the value of XWP’s involvement in the project
What Success Looks Like
- Projects delivering on time to client expectations.
- Clearly documented stories and requirements to guide engineering solutions
- Identifying and sharing information about additional opportunities with clients
- Having the trust and confidence of the project team
- Leading by example and treating others with respect
- Having a Client that is pleased with the workflow and experience the team has created
- Participate in and give back to the WordPress open source community
Payscale & Benefits
- Trust and support from your colleagues (we look out for each other and work together towards our shared goals and vision)
- The rewards of a highly collaborative culture (we’re a team, not a working group)
- The joys of remote work done right: schedule flexibility, skip the commute, more time for family and interests outside of work
- The chance to play an important part in helping XWP achieve its full potential and make a meaningful difference for our clients, team members and the open web
- An expected salary range of USD $90,000 to $130,000
- Unleash+ allowance of $2,500 per year to enrich your life, and other benefits
XWP is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.
Are you intrigued?
Apply now (link below) and tell us about yourself, what this role will mean to you, and why you are who we want to work with.
If you are not the one we are looking for, please share this with anyone you know who might be!
Please let XWP know you found this position on NoDesk as a way to support us so we can keep providing you with quality remote jobs.
People also viewed
Principal Product Manager (Ecosystem)
Senior Product Manager
Senior Product Manager - Serverless Framework
Senior Product Manager
Product Manager/Senior Product Manager
Product Support Specialist (Designer)
Senior Product Manager