Full-Stack Engineer (Ruby on Rails & Vue.js)
Looks like this career opportunity is no longer available. We know this isn't what you were hoping for, but we have many other great remote jobs for you to check out.
Start a new search to view all remote jobs at teams that are currently hiring.
Ziggu is looking for an ambitious full-stack engineer to join our growing team. We are passionate about the digital transformation in real estate. Ziggu helps real estate companies better understand, inform, and engage their customers – homebuyers – by offering an online customer portal – before, during, and after construction. In short, we help real estate companies turn their customers into brand ambassadors.
To make it more tangible: when today you buy a $15 pizza through a food delivery app (like UberEats or Deliveroo) you’re able to better track what’s happening with that pizza than when you buy a $350.000 apartment. This doesn’t make any sense in a world of awesome customer experiences we all know and come across in our daily lives. That’s where Ziggu comes in. We help real estate companies work more efficiently and at the same time drastically improve customer service and satisfaction.
Interested to know more about Ziggu and how we work? Click here.
You will be key in helping us expand our platform to become the industry standard. You are very proactive, open, and not afraid to ask questions, and have a passion for delivering great work while having fun at the same time. We are eager to build the best product in the business while delivering the best user experience to our customers. You have a mindset of continuous learning and are eager to foster internal team development by sharing your knowledge and mentoring others when needed.
Please take into account that we only consider your application if you are based in Europe.
What you will do
- You will work very diligently on delivering code quality, across the technical stack, meaning both frontend and backend. Some of the technologies you will be working with are Vue.js, Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL and Google Cloud Platform.
- Work autonomously and have full ownership of your code. No micro-managing in our company.
- Be part of a highly ambitious team where your ideas, suggestions, and creativity are highly valued.
- A learning environment that challenges you to become better every day.
- We uphold a strong work ethic with respect to our free time. Focus destroying interruptions are avoided at all costs so we can complete our tasks and have sufficient time by the end of the day to spend it how we like.
Does the following resonate with you?
- Proficient with backend web application framework(s), preference for Ruby on Rails, or thorough experience with a similar web framework(s) in other programming languages (such as Django or Laravel) and strong willingness to learn.
- Familiarity with designing and building reliable web services/API’s, e.g. a typical REST API. Experience with JSON:API specification and/or GraphQL is a plus.
- Experience with deploying, extending, maintaining, and monitoring live production web applications.
- Familiarity with relational databases and schema design, preferably PostgreSQL.
- Experience with cloud computing services is a plus, we use Google Cloud Platform.
- Always ready to mentor or teach others about what you have learned.
- You take pride in well-organized, clear & concise code.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English).
- A basic understanding of real estate is a plus, but not needed.
What we can offer
- A competitive salary adjusted to your experience level.
- Work remotely in your own professional setup or in our office in Ghent.
- Daily challenges that will put a big smile on your face :-).
- Exciting growth opportunities in a young and growing company.
- A flexible work schedule (results are what matter).
People also viewed
Full Stack Developer
Full stack developer for good causes
Customer Support Engineer
Site Reliability Engineer
Back End Engineer (Python)
Support Engineer (EMEA)
iOS Engineer - Consumer Experience